Sunday, July 8, 2012

Food review: Thursday Cottage Lemon Marmalade

I love lemon marmalade. Lemon marmalade is pretty hard to find on the store shelves in USA, so I was excited when I saw two different lemon marmalade in gourmet store in Rockport, Mass. Thursday Cottage Marmalade was one of them. It comes in a fairly large bottle (16 oz) and has a nice deep golden color. Lemon marmalade is pretty common in UK, and this one is made and imported from England.

Thursday Cottage Lemon Marmalade is a true marmalade not a jello, it has a medium cut lemon rind and has a pleasant texture. I am attaching a photo under customers photo in which you can see the content rather then the label. About a year ago when I purchased a "lemon marmalade" Fruitfield Little Chip Lemon Marmalade on Amazon, I received a jello which had no strips of fruit. I was disappointed as I don't like jellos. The texture was not obvious from the description or the stock photo as the photo showed just the label. Hopefully my photo will make the texture of the content more clear: Thursday Cottage is not a thick jam all through out but has a good amount of fruit especially at the top.

The marmalade is rather sweet (I prefer my lemon marmalade a little tarter) and has a bit of tang of bitterness from the rind (in a nice way). Overall I liked it fine, although it was not the best I ever tried. I use lemon jam when cooking as well straight out of the jar with my tea.

List of ingredients:

Raw cane sugar
Lemons
Gelling agent
Citrus Pectin
Prepared with 35g of fruit per 100g sugar content
Total sugar content 60g per 100g

Nutrition Facts for serving size of 1 tablespoon (20g):

Calories 50
Total fat 0
Sodium 0
Total Carb 12g (4%)
Protein 0g


You can find "Thursday Cottage Lemon Marmalade" on Amazon by following this link

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment