Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mobile App Review: TRARIS Deluxe (Tetris like game) , Free App (7.7 Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Android)

I am a big fan Tetris-like games and found that I am really enjoying this one.  Traris has a much larger variety of blocks than a traditional Tetris game, they are clever and uniquely shaped. In addition, you have a variety of options to melt and reshape the pieces, so it gives you a lot more options to consider and I am finding it re-freshening and challenging.  The graphics are intricate, the controls are well designed.

I found the music a bit repetitive but you can turn it off while still keeping the sound effects. I like playing with just the sound effects, no background music.  You can control the blocks either by using gestures on the screen or by using the buttons at the bottom of the display.  I found that I prefer the buttons.  I posted a screen capture which show the clever shapes and the buttons, which include a "drop" button which allows you to speed through the easy portions of the game and the "melt" button which gives you many additional options to consider.

This app works well on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2. I had no technical problems and the app scales to my screen size very nicely.

Overall, highly entertaining!


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

You can find reviews of other mobile apps I use under Blog Label "Galaxy 7.7 Tablet" on the left navigation pane of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment