Friday, July 6, 2012

Product review: G&F Long Cuff Oven Gloves-made of Dupont Nomex & Kevlar

I am a bit of klutz and these gloves do a great job protecting me! I am attaching a collage of two photos that I will referencing in this review to help me illustrate some points.

I LIKED:

1. These gloves are long (see photo #1). They cover enough of my hand that I can stick my hands in the oven to pull out a pie sitting in the middle of the oven without worrying that I will burn my hands on the sides of the oven. I used the gloves to move a pie dish in and out of 450 degree oven and felt no heat at all. Much better than my old gloves.

2. I love having gloves rather than mittens. For example, I was able to cover the edges of the pie with foil in the middle of the pie baking while using these gloves. Before I was always uncomfortable from the heat and fear of touching the pan itself. Since I did not have to be super careful the procedure to cover to edges took half of the time it took me before I had these gloves.

3. The threads (the light part) used to weave the glove are made out of Nomex & Kevlar, so the entire glove is made out of this material, it is not a coating. The green parts of the gloves are silicone to provide a non-slippery surface. These gloves have multi-layer construction.

I DID NOT LIKE:

1. I think it they came in various sizes rather than one size it would be better.


THE FIT:

I have fairly small hands, I normally wear small gloves. Photo #1 shows my hand on top of the glove so you can see the fit. It fits fairly comfortable in width (both fingers and the palm of my hand), however the fingers are quite a fir longer than my fingers. Photo #2 shows me pressing my fingered hand against a surface so you can see the access material. In practice this fit works fine, I was able to do even somewhat delicate task of wrapping aluminum foil around the edge of the pie pan. However, if you have big hands these gloves might be too tight/small.

Overall, I am very pleased with these gloves! I never felt so comfortable around a hot oven before.

You can find these gloves on Amazon by following this link


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment