Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mobile App Review: Woot Check , Free App (7.7 Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Android)

Woot is aimed a bargain shopper. The site offers one item in each of five categories: home, kids, shirts, wine, sellout. Sometimes they have Woot plus items, which means one or two additional items will appear in a category for limited time.

You need to shop at Woot with a totally different mindset. You cannot look for a good price of an item you want, when you use Woot you are just looking for anything they have at a discount. There is no search, you need to look under each category.

Today's sellout deal is Topsy Tomato Planter for $3.99 and $5 shipping. At first, I thought it was a good deal although the shipping charge made me wonder if I can do better on Amazon. Amazon offers for Topsy Tomato Planter for $5.68 and it is eligible for free shipping. So Woot deal is not such a good bargain after all. So even using Woot doing a bit of research is always wise.

The app works very similar to the main site. You need to look at each category, there is no search added in the app. So I am not that crazy about Woot shopping experience but the apps works reasonably well, although I wish there was a search function.
This app works well on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2. I had no technical problems and the app scales to my screen size very nicely.

This app is free from Amazon Android Store and
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

You can find reviews of other mobile apps I use under Blog Label "Galaxy 7.7 Tablet" on the left navigation pane of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment