Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Product Review: Suncast Rust Resistant Metal Garden Hose Guide

I own several sets of Suncast rust resistant metal garden hose guides.  The oldest set is 4 years old and it still looks good, no rust.  In attached photo the image in the garden shows the oldest guide and you see that it still looks like new despite being outside for 4 years.

I use the garden guides not only for regular water hoses (for example when I wash my car and want to guide the hose between the flowers to avoid damaging my flower beds) but also to guide my drip irrigation drip tubes.  These guides are sturdier and more attractive than the typical plastic stakes that are used with the drip irrigation system. I use these metal guides on the drip irrigation lines that don't end with emitters and thus have the water come out with more force.  The small plastic stakes can't always handle the initial force of the water and move a bit from where I want them to deposit water, but these metal guides work great.

PHOTOS:

1. Photo #1 shows the set of two guides in this order, placed on grid mat for size reference (detailed size info below)
2. Photo #2 shows one of the guides on a digital scale, it comes in as 12.6 oz
3. Photo #3 shows the 4 year old guide holding my drip irrigation line, you can see how I threaded the small holes to place the drip irrigation tubing exactly where I wanted

SIZE:

1. The length of the spike is 11"
2. The width between the two legs of the spike is 3"
3. The big opening for the regular size house is 2"
4. The entire width of the top part is 6.5"
5. The two small openings at the top which I use for the drop line are a bit under 1"

Overall, very pleased the guide and multiple uses I get out of it.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment