Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mobile App Review: Dropbox, Free Mobile App (Samsung Galaxy 7.7, Android)

I recently purchased my first Android device (Samsung Galaxy 7.7 running Honey Comb 3.2) and asked my friends what essential applications they use all the time. Dropbox was one of them. Dropbox allows you to share files and images between different computers. Dropbox supports Windows, Linux, Mac, as well as mobile devices (Android, Amazon Fire, iPad).

Dropbox provides 2 GB of space for free, you can purchase bigger Dropboxes if you need more space. You can also increase your space if you refer people to use Dropbox. Dropbox is secure. It uses high level of security using public key encryption (same type of security used by banks) by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption. By default the files in Dropbox are private. But it also provides a way to share files with someone else by dropping your files in the public folder.

Dropbox is very simple to use. You just need to install it on the computers you want to share files, secure it with a good complex password, and it creates a folder on the computers where it was installed. As soon as you move something into that folder it becomes visible on all machines.

This app makes it easier to manage all your devices, and I now use to move things not only between my PC and my tablet, but my PC at home and my PC at work.

This app works well on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2. I had no technical problems and the app scales to my screen size very nicely.

I recommend it!

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

You can find reviews of other mobile apps I use under Blog Label "Galaxy 7.7 Tablet" on the left navigation pane of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment