Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Product review: Croakies Eyeglass retainer / holder / cord

I have worn Croakies for many years however recently switched to Chums, and like Chums a little better. Below some of the reasons:

I like:

1. Croakies are made out of neoprene and provide a good grip on your frames.
2. Because they are made of neoprene they and are soft they fell comfortable around your head.
3. Neoprene is stretchy and adjust to a relatively wide variety of thicker frames.

I don't like:

1. The retainer is very short as it designed to fit snugly around the head. With age I found I need to switch glasses often for example take off sunglasses to put on reading glasses. With a short retainer this is difficult to do, you need to remove the retainer etc. Chums retainer provides a long leash which is easy to adjust by moving the ball mechanism in the back.

2. I like to hang my glasses around my neck when I don't need them (sunglasses when coming into a room, reading glasses when not reading) and a short retainer puts them uncomfortably close to your neck. Chums with its long retainer solves this problem.

3. Several of my neoprene Croakies unraveled at end the retainer. I cut those parts off but retainer became too short.

4. Croakies did not hold thin framed glasses well.

Bottom line: Depending on how you use your glasses this may or may not be the best retainer for your use. If you like to hang your glasses around your neck or need to switch to different glasses often check out Chums Original Cotton Standard End Eyewear Retainer.

You an find "Croakies Unisex Adult Eyewear Retainer" on Amazon via this link


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment