Friday, May 25, 2012

Product review: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet

I purchased a nice folio/stand (see my review of the folio) for the Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tablet (see my review of the tablet). However I noticed that when I use it as the stand the nice soft inside covering of the folio comes into contact with whatever I put it on and picks up dirt that then is deposited on my beautiful screen. So I decided purchasing a nice little stand will be better, and picked this Arkon Folk-up stand based on outstanding reviews. I have to whole heatedly agree that this is a well designed product.


I am attaching a collage of 6 photos which shows the stand from different angles with and without my tablet on it.

The best feature of this stand is its versatility. It can fit a tablet of any size, in both vertical and horizontal orientation. One can also completely control the angle at which the screen is held.
Photo #1,#2,#3,#4 show my tablet in horizontal and vertical orientation from the front and from the back. Photos #5 and #6 show the stand without the tablet.

Dimensions:
1. When totally folded the stand is 6 3/4 inches long, 1 inch wide, 3/4 inch thick.
2. The notch on the bottom is 4.5 inches away from the pivot joint.
3. The pivot on vertical part of the stand is 3 inches away from the bottom pivot. In the position I have chosen in the photo it is 2 4/3 of inches away from the horizontal support.
4. The portion above the pivot on the vertical part is 3 inches

The bottom of the legs and the piece that holds the tablet is covered with soft suede-like material for good traction. You can spread the bottom legs to a multitude of positions to fit tables of various sizes, and you can angle the top but to control the angle of the screen.

My tablet is very stable on this stand. The stand itself folds up well and is easy to carry around. It is very easy to set up again, all joints move smoothly.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


I am very pleased with the stand and recommend it.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment