I reviewed a number of door bells in the past and none of them got a 5 star rating from me before. In the past there were three main issued I had with other door bells: either they were not waterproof, or they had a logo on the door bell, or they forgot the selected chime when the wall unit was unplugged. The other door bells had at least one of these issues, sometimes more than one issue. This door bell has IP44 rating (protected from water spray from any direction), it has no logos on the bell, and when I changed the chime and unplugged the receiver it still remembered the chime change when I plugged it back again. The negative I state is that to changing the battery on the door bell requires not only to unscrew the back (which is common for waterproof electronics) but to move a circuit board. Strange design! However, similar door bells have lasted years for me without changing batteries, so it is not a fatal flaw.
This package includes one transmitter (door bell) and two receivers. This means I can put one in the basement, where I have trouble hearing the front door bell.
√ I like:
1. No logos on the door bell, it has a simple design.
2. IP44 waterproof rating, it means it is okay if the rain hits it
3. I like that this door bell has a plug in base (the receiver). I don't need to feed it batteries.
The door bell (the transmitter) does need a battery, it runs on 12V 23A Alkaline Battery (which is pre-installed). Replacement batteries are quite inexpensive (under $2 of Amazon). This is a common battery and Amazon carries many options when time will come to buy a replacement.
4. I like that the distance between the door bell and the base unit can be quite large. The documentation states that the range is 300 meters (which is 1000 feet). I was not able to test such large distances but I did I attached the door bell button to the front door and plugged in the unit in an outlet on the second floor as far as I could from the front door and it worked.
5. The loudness of the base unit is adjustable
6. There are 52 chime sounds (demonstrated in the video)
7. The remote control button is 1 1/4" wide and 3 3/8" long. I have a fairly narrow area where I can place a door bell and it fits.
8. The door bell button comes with two option for mounting: a double sticky tape and screws.
9. If the wall unit is mounted on the bottom outlet the other outlet can still be used. The wall unit is 3 1/8" square.
10. It remembers the selected chime even when I unplug the receiver to move it.
√ I don't like:
1. The design that requires to move the circuit board to change a battery
2. The manual is not very clear. In particular, the instructions for changing the chime are not very clear. To change the chime you need to first select the chime you like by pressing >> button, then put the receiver into pairing mode by holding the volume button down for 5 seconds until it starts and then stops blinking, finally you need to press the transmitter. It should play the selected tune from there on.
I received this door bell from the manufacturer to share my experiences with it (positive and negative) with potential future buyers. I included both the positives and the negative of my experience with this door bell and I hope it helps set your expectation.
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.
Ali Julia review ★★★★★