Saturday, March 16, 2013

Product review: 3M Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, .75-Inch by 66-Feet

In this order I received Scotch 3M tape (3/4 inch wide and 66 feet long) in a plastic storage container. I attached a photo of the tape and the container which can be found by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo.

I  always have electrical tape in my tool box. Electrical tape does a nice job preventioning shorts, which can start fires as well as stop electrocutions if the live wire is touched by someone.  I use it on various wire-related small projects I do at the house.

Electrical tape can too old. How can you tell? I noticed that my old tape became tacky on both sides and lost some of its elasticity. I purchased this new tape and was quite pleased that it came in the plastic container. I already used the tape on a project, and it is nicely tacky and holds well.

Electrical tape is applied to a wire by rolling the tape the wire in a coil-like fashion. It is important to overlap each layer so there are no gaps to ensure good insulation and to keep moisture or condensation from reaching the wire. While wrapping the tape I pull on it slightly so its elastic property is engaged. The tape's elasticity helps keep it tight and snug to the wire.

Electrical tape comes in several colors. Black electrical tape is most common, it does not indicate any color code. It can be used outdoors as it impervious to ultraviolet radiation, which can damage colored electrical tape. White or grey used to indicate neutral wires, green or yellow/green stripe indicate grounding wires.

The tape works well, I like the container, the price is reasonable. I am very pleased with this purchase.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment