Saturday, March 2, 2013

Product review: DBTech Big Oversized Digital Red LED Calendar Clock with Day Date and Temperature (12" / Blue LED) DBTech Big Oversized Digital Red LED Calendar Clock with Day Date and Temperature

This is a good looking, large LED clock. The size of the unit is 15.875" by 7.5" by 1.5" thick. The time numbers are 2 1/4" in height and 1 3/8" wide. The day of the week and month are in slightly smaller font, the letters are 1 1/2" high on the second line. This clock is AC powered and its cord is 71".

The clock has three settings of brightness. I am attaching a collage of 5 photos that can be located by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo.
The first photo shows the clock on my night table, here you can see the relative size of the clock - it is quite large and easy to see. The second photo shows the back of the clock. On the bottom left you see the three buttons that control changing time and brightness. The controls are pretty easy. You can also see the AC plug - this clock runs on AC power. The clock has three levels of brightness, and pictures 3,4,5 show the three settings. Photo#3 has the lowest brightness, Photo#5 has the highest brightness. Note that my camera displayed brighter settings in lighter color, and in real life the font looks deep blue in all three settings just brighter and brighter. I keep the clock on the lowest setting as I placed it in the bedroom. During the night the clock added some light in the room, but we found it not to be too bright.

The clock has a built-in back-up battery. When you disconnect the clock or if you lose power it keeps time (but not does not display to save energy).

The clock can either be hung on the wall (it came with a mounting hardware) or can stand on its base, as shown in my photo #1. Since the controls to change time and brightness are located on the back, you would need to remove the clock from the wall if you had to make changes. The fact that the clock runs on AC power and the cord somewhat limits where you can place it. As I mentioned earlier the cord is 71" and that was too short to reach where we wanted to place it, so we are running it using an extension cord. The clock has a non-polarized plug.

I am really enjoying the clock - I find it very handy to have both the time and the calendar information displayed. The thermometer seems to run 2 degrees lower than the whether station we also have in the bedroom. I brought in a third thermometer to arbitrate and it showed the temperature in the middle of the two numbers.

To summarize: I liked the look of the clock, display is great to see, love the blue color, nice to have three brightness levels, helpful that it keeps the time even when disconnected.
The things that were somewhat inconvenient - controls on the back that require to take the clock off the wall to adjust, short cord, thermometer is not totally accurate.

I received an evaluation unit for testing and unbiased review, and I described the pluses and minuses of my experience with this clock.

The negatives are very minor and I mention them just to be thorough and complete in my review. I am really enjoying this clock.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment