Friday, March 8, 2013

Product review: DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System

DB-Tech steam cleaner weights 2.5 pounds and generates steam from 8oz of water per each fill. How much cleaning can you do on that amount of steam? A lot! On my initial test I cleaned the bathroom floor, the tub, the sink, the kitchen floor, the kitchen counters, and the kitchen sink. I am attaching a video of two parts of the cleaning. In the first part of the video I am cleaning the bathroom sink. This is a close up so you can see the steam it generates. In the second part of the video I am cleaning the kitchen counter under the coffee maker. I have not looked under there for a few months and found a nice big dried up coffee stain, which was for a perfect for a cleaning test. To clean it I had to steam it twice. Note that I am not using any cleaning solutions, just the steam and a paper towel.

I am also attaching a collage of three photos.



The first photo contains everything that came in the package: a funnel and a measuring cup, and an assortments of cleaning attachments: spray nozzle with bristle brush, bent spray nozzle, flexible extension hose, door/window/clothing attachment, window washing squeegee, terrycloth cover.

The second photo shows a close up of the cover. Even those the outside of the steamer is plastic, the boiler is made out of cast aluminium to withstand high pressure. In the photo you can see the metal coupling that holds the cap to the body of the steamer.

Photo #3 shows the steamer warming up in order to generate steam. When the steam is read the light on the front turns off. It will turn back while you use it to generate more steam when needed. So before using the steamer you need to wait until the light goes off for the first time. The instructions say to wait 3-5 minutes after the unit it initially plugged in, and the light went off at about 4 minutes.




You need to keep the steamer plugged as you use it, as it will re-generate the steam as needed. The unit comes with 12 foot cord, so I needed to move from outlet to outlet as I was cleaning.

The steamer's body should not be tilted downwards more than 45 degrees to avoid spilling hot water out of the nozzle. The angled nozzle and flexible hose nozzle are used when you need to reach a spot which would have required tilting the steamer more than 45 degrees. I have tried several nozzles and all of them were easy to put on and lock in to the steamer.

Could I have cleaned the coffee stain without the steam cleaner? Yes. But it would have taken a cleaning solution and more elbow grease.

I received an evaluation unit from the manufacturer for a thorough and unbiased review. I have not owned a steam cleaner before, and I was pretty impressed with how well it worked. The light weight of the steamer made it easy to use anywhere, one fill lasted much longer than I expected, and it did a nice job cleaning. I hope the video gives you a good idea of what to expect.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment