Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Product review: Hipe 8 LED Light and Motion-sensing Night Light

Hipe 8 LED night light is a light and motion sensitive light. It turns on only when ambient light reaches a certain degree of low illumination. I am attaching a video which demonstrates how it turns on in the dark, and does not turn on from the same motion when the light is on. In my experiments it reliably senses motion within 55" (4.6 feet).




       
I am also attaching a collage of two photos. The first photo show a close-up of the light with the lights on. The lights are covered with frosted cover, so it does not hurt to look straight at the light. The second photo shows how much light the light generates it total darkness with a set of fresh batteries (some of the stock photos make it appear brighter than it is in reality).
   
The light has three settings: an off position, an always on position, and auto which activates the motion detector. It operates on 4 AA batteries, inserted in the compartment on the back of the unit. On the front of the unit there is a red led which starts flickering every 5 seconds when battery power is low. The unit is 4.5 inches in diameter.

The light comes with two mounting hardware options a double sticky tape and a screw (with a hollow wall jacket).

I placed this light in the basement in a dark area where I don't have enough light to see the shelves and it does a nice job of providing light only when I need it.

I received the light from manufacture for testing and review. I put it through a number of tests so I can provide honest and unbiased feedback, and I am always happy to answer comments if I did not cover some aspect of its functionality.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment