Monday, March 4, 2013

Product reveiw: DBTech Digital LED Clock with Circling LED second indicator

This an attractive black clock with a red read out (it also comes in blue and green LEDs). It shows seconds by lighting up dots in a circular pattern around the face of the clock. The clock is rather eye catching. I put in my basement and it added a decorative touch that was a nice bonus to the practical need of telling the time. The size of the unit is 9 7/8" square and 1.5" wide. The time readout is 1 3/4" by 1 2/3". It is easy to see even for people with imperfect vision like mine. This clock runs on AC power and comes with the cord that is 118 inches long (almost 10 feet).

The clock has three settings of brightness. I am attaching a collage of 3 photos to demonstrate various aspects of the clock. 

The first two photos show the dial of the clock a about 20 seconds apart so you can see how the display changes with time.

The third photo shows the back of the clock. You can also see the AC plug that powers the clock. On the bottom left you see the three buttons that control changing time and brightness. The controls are pretty easy. To change time you use two buttons and then hit the third to save the new time. And you can toggle the middle button to toggle between three levels of brightness. On the brightest setting I selected I can read the time even with the sun hits the clock.

The clock has a built-in back-up battery. When you disconnect the clock or if you lose power it keeps time (but not does not display to save energy). The clock arrived showing correct time and I tested this feature by disconnecting the clock for several hours.

The clock can either be hung on the wall or can stand on its base, as shown in my photos #1 and #2. Since the controls to change time and brightness are located on the back, you would need to remove the clock from the wall if you had to make changes. The fact that the clock runs on AC power the cord somewhat limits where you can place it, but I was able to find a perfect spot within 10 feet of the outlet. The cord, of course, can be extended with an extension cord if needed. The clock's cord has a non-polarized plug.

To summarize: I like how it looks and that is is easy for me to see from a long distance. Finding a perfect spot within 10 feet of the outlet was a bit of a challenge but worked out very well.

I received an evaluation unit for testing and unbiased review, and I described the pluses and minuses of my experience with this clock.

I am really enjoying this clock and would recommend it.



You can find it on Amazon by following this link.
" />


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment