Sunday, March 24, 2013

Product review: Cosmetic Blending Sponge

I usually use a finger to apply foundation or concealer. I bought this sponge in a local store because it was on sale and I decided to try it. I suspected it might be just a gimmick and likely not to work any better than a finger. But I was surprised by how well this thing worked. When I apply make up with my finger it often leaves a somewhat uneven finish especially if what I am trying to conceal has an uneven surface, like a pimple. I can see this unevenness in my make-up magnifying mirror, and I used to tell myself that noone else can see it without magnifying glass (not sure if it is true or not). However using a sponge blender the foundation is totally smooth even if my skin has an uneven surface. Even in my magnifying mirror, I cannot see anything by a smooth finish.

I am attaching a couple of photos of the sponge before and after use, as the sponge surprised my by growing. The photo collage can be located by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo. The first photo is the sponge in its container when I just purchased it, the second photo is the same sponge on top of the container (as it no longer fits into the previous shape). The sponge has not gone back to its original size even when it dried between uses. The third photo is the sponge in my hand for relative size.

This sponge can be used on cosmetics that are wet or dry. One end of it rounded and is used on large areas and one end is pointy to reach into corners (around the hose or eyes). It is made out of non-latex polymer, it feel spongy and resilient, and the finish reminded me of suede.

To use it you need to wet the sponge in warm water until totally saturated. Then squeeze excess water until it is just slightly damp. The sponge expanded as it became wet. The instructions said to put makeup on the sponge and then apply. I also tried putting on the face first and then using the sponge. Both approaches work well.

The sponge picks up the color of your make up. The color does not come off even after I washed it. So if you want to use the sponge for both foundation and blush, I would recommend buying more than one sponge and dedicating each to a specific color.

This sponge over-exceeded my expectations, I recommend it.



You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment