Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Product review: Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Haircolor, 4.0 Dark Brown


I recently began coloring my hair to keep on top of the grey hairs that began springing up in my dark brown hair.  I like to have a natural color so noone can even guess I color my hair.

Garnier has a large selection of colors. I selected Garnier's Olia 4.0 dark brown color and the color came out nicely.  The color is very natural and matched the rest of my hair very well.  This is the good news part of the review.


On the negative side, I did not like the applicator. It is attractive looking, but the tear drop shaped bottle is not comfortable to hold and is slippery when the gloves are soaked with color mixture. The bottle is totally smooth and round and the sleek gloves had trouble holding on to it.

The color mixture is fairly thick. I started applying it directly to roots by parting the hair.  Because I found the bottle hard to hold I switched to using a brush to apply color and that worked better for me.

The color had no amonia and thus no amonia smell, that was very nice. I found the flowery fragrance a bit too strong. I would have preferred a lighter scent or unscented.

I liked that the color stains on my skin around the hair line washed off easily without much scrubbing.

The bottom line of my experience: nice color and uncomfortable applicator. I plan to use it again with the following modifications: I would use some masking tape to create folds and grooves on the bottle so that the surface is no so smooth. I would also be applying the color from the bottle on to the brush and then use the brush to apply it to the hair.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment