Sunday, May 16, 2021

Product review: Reusable Disposable Respirator Face Mask Cover with Headband Strap


 
Fantasy X mask has a nose clip and stiff cone design.  This cone shape keeps the mask away from your face, and it makes it easier to breathe. It fits comfortably over my face; it is large and covers a large portion of my face and tightly on the sides.  It has two headbands that go around the head (not ears).   This design makes the mask fit tightly over my face.

I took the mask on and off several times while testing it, and the loops stayed attached and did not snap off, which appears to be a common issue with some of these masks.

On  the negative side:
1. The masks do not have any markings (these masks are not KN95 masks even though they are shaped similar). 
2. I put each mask I buy through a water test. I fill the mask with water, hold the water in the mask for about a minute, and test for leaks and wetness on the outside of the mask.  This mask did not leak, but it felt slightly damp on the outside. KN95 masks, N95 masks, good surgical masks remain totally dry on the outside.  If the water cannot get out, that means COVID droplets will have trouble getting in.  The fact that the mask was slightly damp left me somewhat uncomfortable.  I will wear it in what I consider "safe" situations.
3. Masks have a shelf like of 36 months according to packaging. I have not seen masks with expiration dates. I wonder what goes bad in 36 months?

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment