Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Product review: Digital Hearing Aid Hearing Amplifier, Brand: YWFJYXDRM


 


 The hearing aid comes in a nice package.  The package includes a hearing aid for one ear, a carrying case, two batteries, and extra ear tips.  The case is very nice and closes securely.

This hearing aid is an amplifier; it makes sounds louder.  It does not correct hearing loss if the hearing is lost at specific ranges.  

The main issue I had with it was that I found it hard to control the whistling sound it makes.  The instructions do not explain how to fix it, what causes it.  The high pitch whistling sound is unpleasant.  

To control the volume, you need to use the small buttons on the back.  The plus and minus printed on buttons are very small printed in faint color; I could not see them until I saw an enlarged photo I made for this review.

It is hard to turn the hearing aid off; you have to take the battery out to turn it off (which requires you to have dextrous fingers).  The battery is tiny and is easy to lose.  The case has a place for a battery, but it just an indentation within a case; I wish it had a battery compartment that closed to keep the battery from being lost.

The documentation that comes with the hearing aid is bad.  First, it covers many hearing aid models, and none of the models matched the name of the model written on the box I received.  I had to guess which one I have by selecting an image in the instructions that looked most like the hearing aid in front of me.   Instructions said that right and left hearing aids are marked by red and blue dot. My hearing aid had no colorful dots.  Instructions did not explain how to fix whistling noises.  The documentation did not provide sufficient and clear guidance.

I got this hearing aid for my elderly mother, who is not good with technology, and this hearing is too hard for her to use.  It is hard for her to keep the sound at the right level, it is hard to deal with whistling noises, and it is hard to turn off.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment