Monday, July 16, 2018

Product review: Egg Poacher Pods Silicone Egg Boiler Cups for Microwave





I really wanted these things to work.  My mother only has a microwave (she has been forgetting to turn off the range and it has become too dangerous for her to use anything but a microwave) and she likes eggs, so this looked like a possible solution for her.  Unfortunately they don't work well enough, the texture is not quite right even when the appearance is okay.

I spent quite a bit of time experimenting on my own so I would be able to tell her how to make eggs that taste good.  In attached photos you see results after 20 seconds in the microwave, 40 seconds,  and 30 seconds. I decided the 30 seconds is the best period in my microwave. The 40 second eggs were very dried out, 30 second eggs were still just a little runny in the center.

Positives? Very fast, easy clean up, can be used without any oil (a slight oil spray makes it easier to slide them out).

Cons? The texture in the microwave feels somewhat different and both I and my mother prefer the eggs made in a traditional way.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆




No comments:

Post a Comment