Thursday, July 5, 2018

Product review: CORKAS Can Opener, the Smooth Edge Can Opener


There is a trick to using the smooth can openers,  They need to latch on the edge of the can.  To achieve this trick one has to first turn the handle counter clockwise to open a space between the rotating head and the body of the can opening,  and then once it is attached to the can rotate the can opener clockwise to cut the lid.

However, even knowing the trick and having used a smooth can opener before I was not able to open using this can opener. I was able to latch on to the can (for example, I was able to lift it by just holding the edge in the can opener), yet I was not able to make a cut that went through the lid.  This can opener is made in China and it is possible that Chinese cans have slightly more shallow edges, but it appeared to me that the blade just did not drop low enough even though I spent a good amount of time trying to make it work.

I was able to open the can with a regular non-smooth can opener, so there is nothing odd about the can. 

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review

No comments:

Post a Comment