Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Product review: Kocaso Waterproof Headlamp (1000 Lumen, Works Underwater for Diving, 30,000 Hr Bulb Lifespan




The best feature of this headlamp is its brightness. The worst is the strap because it seems to slowly work itself undone after a period of use. I stitched it together in the position that fits me, and put it on by stretching the silicone a bit.

The headlamp is waterproof so it can be used in the rain and even submerged under water. It runs on three AAA batteries (which are not included) and has 3 modes (high, low and flashing).

I cycle through all the modes in my video. You can see that the bright mode is fairly bright. The mode control is a little fussy. For example,I was able to change the speed of flashing from fast to slow by holding the button for a few seconds, but I have not been able to do it every time.

I am able to change the angle at which the lamp is shining by changing its position in the silicone loops, the angle is held down by pressure of the silicon band, nothing holds in place, so it is not as steady in that position as a mechanical ratchet.

The bottom line is that I really like the light's brightness and the silicone strap is okay in the rain, but I would not use it as is diving when my life might depend on having the light stay on my head.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆




No comments:

Post a Comment