Sunday, May 28, 2017

Product review: Beach Umbrella Sand Anchor, Metal Beach Umbrella Holder-Stands-Sand Grass Auger with Beach Bag-Heavy Duty Black







The anchor is made out of single piece of metal (steel). The opening is 1 3/8" and can be adjusted by tightening a plate. The anchor is 14" deep. Because it has a corkscrew design it needs to be twisted to insert in place rather than be pounded it as a spike design. I using this stake not in the sand but in rocky New Englad soil in my garden. Twisting into soil is a harder than into sand so keep that in mind as you watch the video.

I installed this anchor 13 days ago and waiting to write this review until we had a day with a strong and gusty wind to see how it holds up. It did quite well, it is holding the strong.

The weakest point of the umbrella is the mechanism that tightens to hold the pole. This mechanism only closes part way and it did not close enough to hold my pole tightly, I had to use a couple of dowel to fill in the gaps so the hold would be stronger. If I could change anything I would change the screen mechanism to close all the way through 1 3/8" so it can hold any pole no matter how thin or thick.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆





No comments:

Post a Comment