Sunday, January 15, 2017

Product review: Comfort Zone Personal Heater

On the positive side this heater works fairly fast, I measured that it raises the temperature in a 12' x 16' feet room by 2 degrees in 15 minutes (low heat settings). It is reasonably quiet especially on the low setting. On the negative side it draws quite a bit of power so it is fairly expensive to use.

My power meter shows:
High heat setting: 931.3 watts
Low heat setting 522.5 watts
Fan setting 12.5 watts

Because this battery draws a lot of power it has to be plugged in. The instructions say to plug the unit directly into AC outlet (not using an extension cord). Certainly do NOT use an extension cord used for lamps which is 16 AWG which is not heavy gauge, if you use an extension hard you need to buy a heavy duty cord (12 AWG).

It has a dial thermostat to control the desired temperature. It is not temperature base just high to low.

Because of its high power consumption I use it in a bathroom (small room for a short time). We keep the house pretty cool in the winter so I use this heater to warm up the bathroom when I take showers so I don't freeze when I get out of the shower.
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment