Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Product review: Safemore Smart 8-Outlet with 4-USB Surge Protection Power Socket Tower Power Strip




This review is for two level power strip with 8 AC outlets and 4 USB ports.  This tower power strip has a 74" non-retractable power cord with a regular sized powe plug.

I love tower power strips because they have a small footprint and because they outlets are so well spaced out. This tower power strip has no problems fitting my eneloop charger next to each, where as in many regular shaped power strips each of the battery chargers can cover up 2 or 3 outlets.

I own several power strips and this power strip fell a bit short in a couple of areas.  First, the fit and finish if power strip is bad.  The USB panel sticks out 1/8" away from the body at the top of the strip. When I looked at the stock photo the panel appears to be flush with the other panel, so mine just has sloppy workmanship that was not caught by quality control.   The second issue, is that my phone only gets USB power on all 4 ports, none of then provided AC power.  This is not an issue that I have encourtered in other tower strips.


This power strip is provided by Safemore.  Getting a free product for testing does not make me like any better than if I purchased it with my own hard earned money. I still love the shape of this power strip, but workmanship and slow charging rates detract from my overall satisfaction and I thought the product was OK - works but not the best of the breed.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment