Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Product review: SOLOMEMO TP801 Touch Wireless Mini QWERTY Handheld Keyboard Air Mouse


I like using an air mouse with my Android TV as it replaces both a keyboard and a mouse and I don't need a flat surface to mouse on. I have a couple of other air mice that have their pluses and minuses so I was curious to see how this mice measures up.

Solememo air mouse is a little larger and a little thinner than my smart phone: 5.5"L x 2.75"W x 0.25"H and 3.3 oz. One side of it is very smooth and glassy surface. It doubles as a mousing pad and a touch keyboard. Both the mouse pad and the keyboard worked well individually, what I found slightly unnatural is the need to switch from one mode to another. There is a small button with a <--> symbol which switches the pad from one mode to another. It is true that I never mouse and type at the same time, but it took a bit time to get used to hitting the button to switch. The switch happens with a slight delay.

The mouse comes with a wireless nano style dongle. I successfully tried it with my Android TV, Windows laptop, and Linux desktop. They all worked without needing to install drivers or changing any configuration settings.

A minor complaint about the USB dongle is that it is not labelled. I have so many different dongles that if they get unplugged it is easy to confuse them with other USB dongles. I like it when manufacturers put a little logo on the back of their USB dongles. For this one I had to tape a little tag of my own making. The nano transmitter tucks away neatly into the back of the mouse.

The keyboard keys operated smoothly and it feels like an on-screen keyboard on my tablet. I had no problem with touch sensitivity. The keyboard is fairly small so find that I use similar to how I used my old Blackberry keyboard with my thumbs rather than doing touch typing like on a regular keyboard.

Air mouse run on a rechargeable battery and comes with a charging cord. It has an on/off button on the side to save the battery when the mouse is not in use.

The bottom line is that this air mouse works smoothly but requires a little bit of getting used to. The large mousing touch pad is particularly nice and easy to control. Definitely worth reading the manual to get all the gesture tricks this touch pad can do. What would I change? I would like the control switch between the mousing pad and keyboard to be larger and maybe colored differently so it is easier to spot when one is learning how to use the air mouse.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment