Monday, September 8, 2014

Product review: Cosmix Copper Double Wind Sculpture (not copper!)


I have a collection of wind spinners in my garden. I enjoy looking at them and they also have a practical purpose and keep animals away from eating my plants. This Cosmix spinner is a slow spinner. It is quite attractive.

It is advertized as made out of copper and I hoped it will aquire the typical copper patina, however instead it began rusting. I purchased in on June 21 and on July 11 I noticed that the inner spinner was covered with rust. I waited until September to write this review to see what it will look like in a few months and it has more rust.

Copper does not rust so this spinner is not made out of copper. At one of the craft fairs I spoke with a guy who makes real copper spinners and he told me that this Cosmix spinners are made out of steel painted with paint made of out copper dust (i.e. they not copper or not electroplated with copper) and that's why they rust and will never have copper patina. Very disappointing.

From a distance (when I cannot see the rust) it does look and spin nicely but I will not be buying any more of this brand.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment