Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Product review: OnlyTM Innovative Car Cover all weather Fast & Easy to operate Y-Series for SUV


I am a short woman with a tall car (Honda CRV). My husband loves using a car cover on his car, but I have not been able to do the same on my car because the combination of my height and the height of my car made it too difficult. The manufacturer of this cover claims it is easier to use and I wanted to see if something about this cover made it easier for me to put it on and remove it by myself and without using a step stool.

The answer is yes, I can do it! What made a big difference for me are the poles attached at both ends of this cover. The stiff poles made it possible for me to reach further over the car and made covering the car much easier. However, I have to put it on and take it off differently from the instructions. Here are the reasons why:

1. My car has backup sensors on the bumper of the car (I circled them in the video). The cover is intended to be hung on the bumper when not in use. I was not able to find a position in which the cover would avoid covering the backup sensors. Therefore carrying the cover hanging off the bumper as designed is not an option for me.

2. Honda CRV is a tall car and it has a 12" antenna (rather than a knob antenna some cars have). Getting the cover over the antenna starting from the back is very difficult for a short person. Even with the poles I had hard time and felt I was at risk snapping the antenna off.

To solve both problems I decided not to attach the cover in the back of the car and decided to put the cover on starting from the front. This way I was pulling the cover over the antenna in the direction it was designed to bend (like in a car wash). Using the poles attached to the front and the back of the cover I had enough leverage to get the cover on the car and then pull it down. When taking the cover off I do the same. Working front to back allows me to take the cover in a way that does not get tangled on the antenna. Again, the poles allow me to extend my reach greatly. I rate putting the cover on and removing it as "easy" (a huge improvement over my feelings about regular car covers). However, rolling it back into the storage bag I rate "impossible". I could not get it to be nearly as small as the original. I purchased a big plastic tub to store the cover, so I don't have to worry about packing it back neatly.

My video includes a number of images of the cover and my the car. I am using Y-43 cover. For reference my car's dimensions are:
Body Length.......177.9 " (14.8 fee)
Body width........71.6 " (6 feet)
Body height.......66.1 " (5.5 feet)

The quality of the fabric looks good. It is silver on one side, white on the other side. The thickness is heavier than I imaged from the photo and it feels fairly sturdy. However only time will tell how it will hold up in New England winter. I am planning to use the cover in the snow and will post an update after I know how it handles the winter.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment