Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Product review: Pawtec 2600mAh 2-Pack Portable Power Stick Power banks lipstick size


I like mini power banks, I always have one in my purse and on charging. It is nice to have a bit of emergency power if the phone runs out of power. I also use them with my MP3 player which has built-in battery, using it with a power packs means I don't have to stop listening when I need to recharge the non-removable battery.

This package has two Pawtec 2600mAh power packs. Each one is 3 7/8" and weighs 2.5 oz.

The only negative thing I can say about the power packs I can say that the charge indicator does not stay on all the time and when it is on it is hard to see. To take a photo of it I had to turn down the lights, otherwise it was not showing up in the photograph.

To test how well the power packs charged my devices I always run these test so I can compare different chargers to each other based on the results of the same tests. This gives me an unbiased way of measuring how each external battery performs.

If you are interested in the details of the tests I am including them below. Summarizing the results I can say that the power stick worked both with my Nexus Phone and iPad mini. It charged the phone and the tablet on par with other external power packs on similar size.

➨ How I tested this battery pack:
======================

To test this battery pack I used a current monitor. In addition to the current monitor I also used a 10 minute charging test which is less abstract than the measurements of current and voltage.

The 10 minutes test consists of charging each mobile device on each port of the battery pack for 10 minutes and measure how much each unit was charge in that 10 minute period. Since the charging speed is non-linear I start charging each device from approximately the same charge level. I use Battery App by Elvison to determine how each device recognized the charging source. 'AC' status means the charging is at full charging rate. 'USB' status indicates charging at a lower charging rate. 'Discharging' status means that the charging rate is below the power that the device is consuming so it slows down the discharge rate but does not re-charge.

➨ Test Results:
======================
✔ Galaxy Nexus Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charge at AC rate ~~~~~~ 4% change in charge in 10 minutes (silver power pack)
Current monitor: ~~~ 0.60A, 4.85V

Charge at AC rate ~~~~~~ 4% change in charge in 10 minutes (black power pack)
Current monitor: ~~~ 0.60A, 4.84V

✔ iPad Mini
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current monitor: ~~~ 0.93A, 4.81V (silver power pack)
Current monitor: ~~~ 0.93A, 4.82V (black power pack)

I found these power sticks to perform well and I like their size. The only thing I wished was different is a more clear charging status indicator.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆



No comments:

Post a Comment