Saturday, May 24, 2014

Product review: Amzdeal® Moving Life - A1 8000mAh Ultra-Slim Portable Power Bank


Amzdeal® Moving Life 8000mAh a medium capacity battery in slim body size (5.75"L x 2.75"W x 0.375"H). It weighs 6.1 oz. The battery is rated as 8000 mAh. Since some power during charging is lost to inefficiencies (such as heat) it will provide approximately 6000 mAh. This battery has just one port. I tested the ports using the current monitor and they appear to be 1A. The package includes a flat micro USB charging cable.

The charging level indicator is bright so it is easy to see. There are 4 lights each one representing 25% of the remaining power.

I tested Amzdeal battery with Samsung Nexus Phone and iPad Mini tablet. For those who are interested in the bottom was battery was able to charge both devices, but very slowly for iPad Mini. It performed at average speed for the Android phone. The enclosed charging cable performed well, it was as good or better than my own charging cable.

★ Test Results:
======================
To help me compare different batteries to each other I use the same two tests on every port: a current monitor and a 10 minute charging test. This gives me specific numbers which allow me to compare different devices to each other, as well as see how different devices behave when operating system changes releases. I started running these tests when my Android devices had HoneyComb operating system so I was able to observe the improvements in charging with different version of the Android OS. Before 4.21 I could only get fast charging on 1A port, and would get bad performance on 2.1A port on my Android devices. After upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.21 I see the same performance on 2A and 1A ports as it is controlled by the device negotiating the protocol with the charger. Google reverse engineered the Apple protocol and now my Android devices typically charge similar in speed on both ports of a good charger. This is not true for Apple devices. They do better on ports designed for Apple (2.1A ports).

✔ iPad Mini Tablet
--------------------------
AC charging rate ----- 1% change in charge in 10 minutes
current monitor: ~~~~~ 0.93A and 4.95V

✔ Samsung Nexus Phone (my own cable)
--------------------------
AC charging rate ----- 4% change in charge in 10 minutes
current monitor: ~~~~~ 0.81A and 5.02V

✔ Samsung Nexus Phone (included micro USB cable)
--------------------------
AC charging rate ----- 5% change in charge in 10 minutes
current monitor: ~~~~~ 0.87A and 5.00V

★ Summary
------------------
In my tests this battery performed better with my Android device than my Apple device. If you have iPad Mini I would not recommend this external battery, if you have an Android phone this battery has a fairly large capacity in thin body.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment