Sunday, October 6, 2013

Product review: Tea Tree Oil Shampoo for Dandruff

Tea Tree Shampoo is aimed at people with mild to moderate dandruff and scalp blemishes. The shampoo has a pleasant forresty scent. It will work well for men and women as the scent is pleasant, but not flowery.

You should be aware that this is low suds shampoo. It generates very little lather when I wash my hair. This lack of lather is the only thing I do not like about this shampoo as I like lots of suds when I wash my hair. On the positive side I like the scent, and after using it for over a week it appears to keep my light dandruff under control.

Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. The tea tree was named by eighteenth century sailors, who made tea that smelled like nutmeg from the leaves of the tree growing on the southeast Australian coast. The tea tree is not related to the tea plant that is used to make black and green teas.

Tea tree oil is has many medicinal uses, it is applied to the skin for infections such as acne, fungal infections of the nail, lice, scabies, athlete's foot (tinea pedis), and ringworm. It is also used topically as a local antiseptic for cuts, abrasions, burns,and insect bites. In the shampoo it clears out dead skin cells and combats dandruff (it can also be used for lice). Rosemary oil is also included in the shampoo regulates oil secretions. Lavender Oil heals blemishes on the scalp. You can find a complete list of ingridients below.

Instructions for use:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shake before use. Rinse hair, massage quarter-sized amount into the scalp, allow to stay on the hair for 2-3 minutes (2-3) before rinsing. Repeat and follow with 3 final rinses.
The bottle contains 8oz (236ml). This shampoo is made in the U.S.A. It is allergenic and BPA free.

COMPLETE LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Water, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Botafl Keratin, Organic Lavandula Angustifolia Lavender) Oil, Organic Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil.

I received a bottle of Tea Tree Shampoo for evaluation and sharing my experiences with potential buyers. Overall, I thought the shampoo was effective keeping dandruff flakes under control, but I wish it generated a more satisfying lather.

I am attaching a photo of the shampoo bottle, it seems that the formula has been changed since the stock photo was taken because the stock photo shows the shampoo as clear, my shampoo is light yellow in color.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment