Sunday, October 20, 2013

Product review: DinoTwin T1 Premium Sport Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones

I have been wearing these headphones for over a week while gardening and working out while listening to my mp3 player. The headphones have both things I like about them and things I do not like about them. I found that the quality of sound is quite good. I love not having a cord that gets tangled. However the ear pieces are fairly large and the fact that they stick out of my ears so much makes them slip out occasionally either because I catch them on something or from sweat. The bluetooth range is limited (the sound starts breaking up), however in my use of having MP3 in my shirt pocket they work ok. The overall rating of this headset for me is OK - not bad, but I encountered some issues.

DETAILED OBSERVATIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. The headset has a good sound, I tried different music and it performed well at different ranges, including Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor which is a stress test for the bass that I use to test different speakers. Some speakers crackle and can't handle it, but this headset handled it very well.

2. The ear pieces are fairly large, they are 1 3/8" from the tip to the cord, 1" outside the ear. The size is large because they house the battery as well as the audio components. I find they stick out of my ears quite a bit, occasionally catches on thing and slip out. They would not work well with a winter hat on. I find them to be less comfortable than the small ear pieces of my other bluetooth headset (Kinivo).

3. The headset has a flat soft cord that lays on your shoulder. See photo I am attaching as the image might explain this better than words, see photo #2.
The flat cord does not twist or tangle, I like it. However its length catches on my collar and earrings. I have another bluetooth wireless headset which has a rigid headband that I like better because it is shorter and does not catch on anything.

4. Controls are located on the cord, you have to locate them by touch when you are wearing the headset. (see photo #3 which shows close-up of the control)

5. The LED light is fairly small and it is hard to see especially in the bright light (see photo #5)

6. The earphones come with three three sets of ear tips for small, medium and larger ears. I switched the the small tips so I can insert them deeper in my ear canal. (Photo #1 shows all inserts and tabs that come with this headset)

7. The volume of the headset can be made quite loud. The volume at its highest setting is uncomfortably loud for me, so they go pretty high.

8. The range is advertised as 33 feet, but I get some break up at that distance. On the other hand I use these headphone with the device in my shirt pocket, so the distance has not been an issue other than when I tested the range.

CAPABILITIES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Low battery indicator (five dong tones every 5 minutes)
2. To do a factory reset (this deletes pairing list): hold volume up ("+") button until red and blue LEDs flash at the same time and you hear 4 dong tones

DinoTwin bluetooth headset supports supports the following profiles
Headset profile (HSP)
Hands-free profile (HFP)
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)

You an use this bluetooth headset with devices that support one of these profiles.
For cellphone or pda that support HSP this headset can
1. answer, end, or reject calls.
2. redial last number
3. voice dial
4. adjust volume
5. transfer between headset and phone
6. mute/cancel mute (Mute mode is indicated by two tones every 10 seconds)

For cellphone or pda that support A2DP this headset can
1. listen to wireless audio
2. adjust volume
3. remotely control pause and play
4. remotely control next/previous track

CHARGING
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The headset comes with a special charging clip which clips to the headset to charge it. It takes 2 hours to fully charge the headset, and it can be used for 4 hours to listen to music or talk on the phone on a single charge. It has 150 hours of standby time. The charging clip is unique to this headset, if it breaks or if you loose it it is bad news. I would have been happier with a standard micro USB charger.

There is a small light on the back of the ear piece that indicates the status of the battery.
Red light on- charging
Red light off - charged

BLUETOOTH
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Keep you device close to the headset
2. Put headset into pairing mode by pressing the multifunction button for 8 seconds. The headset stays in the pairing mode for 2 minutes. When it is in pairing mode the LED status indicator will flash red and blue alternately.
3. Enable Bluetooth on your device and scan for near by bluetooth devices.
4. T1 will appear as a device name. If your device supports Bluetooth 2.1 password is not needed, otherwise enter "0000"
5. When the headset successfully connect BLUE LED on the headset will flash twice every 4 seconds (Note that if the light flashes once every 2 seconds it indicates that there is no connected device)

I received this headset from the manufacture with a request for an honest review, be it positive or negative. This review includes the positives and negatives of my experience with this bluetooth headset. The highlight for me was the sound quality, the weakest point how they fit my ears.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment