Friday, October 4, 2013

Product review: Metrokane Houdini Wine Preserver

We are not big drinkers and tend not to finish a bottle of wine in one sitting. To keep the wine longer we have gone through a few wine preservers which pump the air out of the bottle to slow down oxidation and keep the flavor the same longer.

Houdini wine preserver is the latest wine preservation system I have tried. It worked fine on several bottles of wine but not all. I found that on one of the bottles I could not make a good enough seal. The pumps is working as I can feel it sucking out air when I try it against my hand, so I think in some cases the stopper might be a tiny bit too small for a good seal. The bottle that did not work was a bottle of plum wine, perhaps its shape is somewhat different.

I am attaching a photo collage with a close-ups of the stopped and the pump on the bottle. You can locate the photos by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo.

The top of the stopper has a small valve (see photo #1). If you push it to one side it lets the air back into the bottle and the stopper comes out easily. You can hear the a slight hiss giving a nice feeling that the system is working.

I received Houdini wine preserver from the manufacture with a request for honest review, be it positive or negative. I have been using Houdini wine preserver for 2 weeks, so far the only problem I ran into was the Plum Wine bottle.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment