Friday, October 18, 2013

Product review: Garden Suncast Edging


This product has a fatal flaw if you are not planning to make a complete square out of the blocks: one one end of each unit has a plastic connector with hole which is designed to connect it to the next unit. I needed to put a border in sections mixed with cape cod railing and real stones. It would have been better if the units were discrete and did not have this ugly looking connectors so you can put the border in small sections if needed. I am attaching several images to illustrate how this edging looks in my garden.

Even if all pieces are connected this borderstone is not a good simulation of a stone border. It looks plastic even from a fairly long distance. In my configuration with connection holes visible it looks even worse.

On the positive side installing Suncast edging was easier than I expected. One of the photos include a photo of the mallet I used to pound the edging in. It went in fairly easily even into grassy area, and none of the pieces cracked or got damaged in the process.

My recommendation is to get this edging only if you plan on making a complete square with the border so there are no tell-tell ends and in some place where you don't mind that it looks plastic.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment