Monday, October 14, 2013

Product review: Asus Mini Bluetooth Dongle (USB-BT211)

I was looking for a Bluetooth dongle for my Linux machines and thanks to other reviewers I knew people got Asus dongle to work on Linux systems even though officially is is described as Bluetooth dongle for Windows (and comes with Windows drivers).

I want to confirm that I also got my Linux systems to recognize the dongle. All I had to do is insert the dongle, reboot the system, and then enable Bluetooth from System/Preferences. It worked with the native drivers that came with Fedora 14 which is fairly old, as well as with Fedora 19, which is the latest version as of now. I am able to stream music and use other bluetooth devices.

Note: Asus occasionally offers $5 rebates on these dongles, I noticed that Amazon rebate offer expired, but NewEgg still had a valid one, so that's where I got mine as the base price was the same.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment