Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Product review: Magster Magnetic Drop Ceiling Display Hardware

The Magster system was designed to install and hold props and decorations for rooms with drop ceilings. The system consists of hooks and loops that can hold light weight props and a positioning pole which allows to install the hooks without having to climb the ladder. The hanging part has either a hook or a loop at one end and a magnet at another. The magnets attach to any metal surface, including the metal grid that holds up a typical drop ceiling. A position pole makes it possible to stick the magnets to the ceiling without having to climb on a ladder or a desk.

I am attaching a video where the Magster system is used to install a banner at a friend's office with drop ceilings. You can see the flag being installed and then moved to another location. The minimum height requirement for a person to reach the ceiling to install the hooks without a step stool is 5'7". I am 5'2" and could not reach the ceiling. A friend who is 5'8" could reach it without problems, a buddy at 5'7" could reach the ceiling when he stood on his tippy toes.

I found many uses for the Magster hooks in addition to the drop ceiling. I found the hooks to be especially useful, I was able to attach them to metal shelves for holding cords, bags, and other light items. I also found a way to use them to hold the backdrop cloth when I take photos.

I am attaching a collage of 7 photos to illustrate my review.
✔ 5 photos labelled 1A through 1E show the banner being being attached to the ceiling.
✔ The second photo shows the hooks and loops attached to the hanging bracket.
✔ The third shows a hook, a loops, and a swivel.
✔ The fourth shows a close up of the disassembled pole, two connectors, and the hanger arm of the pole.

I received Magster system from the manufacture to test and share my experiences with potential buyers. The system was fairly easy to use as long as you 5'7" or taller. I hope the video helps you see what to expect.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment