Sunday, September 2, 2012

Food review: So Delicious Creamy Cultured Coconut Milk Yougurt

I love yogurt, I love coconut, I love trying unusual foods - when I saw this on the shelve of a local supermarket I had to try it. I was surprised that I did not like the taste all that much. It did not have much of coconut flavor, it was a bit sweeter than I expected, it did not taste creamy. The yogurt is light peach in color. It was not terrible, but did not taste great to my palate. I am not planning to buy it again.

Nutritional Facts:

1 container size is 179 g
Calories 140, fat calories 60
Total fat 6g 9%
Saturated fat 6g 30%
Trans dat 0g
Sodium 5mg 0%
Total Carb 22g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 19g
Protein 1g

If you have medical reason such as lactose intolerant or allergies, I can see how it might be a reasonable substitute for the milk-based yogurt. But without those extra reasons I don't think I will be buying coconut milk yogurt again after my curiosity about it has been satisfied.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment