Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Product review: Iron Verdigris Garden Turtle Stepping Stone - comparison of three stepping stones


This year I decided to decorate my garden with turtle stepping stones. So far my collection consists of three different turtles. I am posting a review of each of them, along with comparison between the three.



I am including a collage of 5 photos number 1 through 5 that I will be referencing in this review.

Iron Verdigris Garden Turtle stepping stones
is the third favorite in my collection. Photo #1 shows the underbelly of the stepping stone. Photo #2 shows the stepping stone top. The turtle shell has a stylized design and is black in color. It is 3.9 pounds and is the lightest of my stepping stones. It tends to warble due the shallow shape of the bottom and light weight. I also like its black color less than the other two turtle stepping stones. This is my least favorite stepping stone (still ok, just third in the pecking order).

Photo #3 shows the stepping stone in my garden. It tends to warble in the spot where Sunset Vista Designs turtle sits like a solid rock. So I have it placed on the flattest least challenging location on the path.

Photo #4 shows the stepping stone on the digital scale, coming in at 3.9 pounds ( a little heavier than the official description, but not as heavy as my other cast iron stepping stones).

Photo #5 show all three stepping stones. My favorite turtle stepping stone is Sunset Vista Designs Cast Iron Turtle Garden Stepping Stone. I think it is the prettiest of them all. In addition it is a very substantial stepping stone weighting in over 5 pounds. Due it its weight and a nice construction it does not warble on the ground no matter where you put it.

My third stepping stone is Midwest-CBK Turtle stepping stones
. Rather than being one solid piece of cast iron it is made out of multiple smaller turtles with open spaces between them. It is a pretty design and is solidly built but when soil and water come through the open spaces it gets a bit dirty and slippery. I rank it second in my favorite list.

I love my turtle stepping stones path. It makes me smile when I putter in my garden.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment