Sunday, September 30, 2012

Book review: The Ultimate Book of Optical Illusions by Al Seckel

This is a type of the book that can fascinate one for hours. I spent a long time on most of the images first trying to figure out what the image is, then how my brain perceived, and then how the artist managed to accomplish the illusion. Some of the images were familiar to me prior to reading this book, but most were not.

This book contains 349 images. One image per page with a title and a short caption/explanation. I am posting a sample of a typical page  photos to give you a better idea of what you are getting. The short caption leads you to more exploring of the image on your own, and I enjoyed the experience very much. Some images have multiple images, some straight lines appear to be bent, some images appear to be moving, some things that are equal in length do not appear to be equal. It is pretty amazing to see how our brains can be fooled!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This book is sitting on my coffee table and most of my guests enjoy looking through the images as well. I recommend it!

You can find this book on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment