Sunday, September 16, 2012

Product review: Zeta Disc - Hot / Cold Pack



In a typical day I spend more than 12 hours a day at the computer for work and play and often my right hand hurts at the end of the day from repetitive use of the mouse. I am always looking for things that can help my hand feel better. When I was offered a chance to evaluate Zeta disc I thought my wrist would make a good subject and I agreed to provide honest review of the product. You will find both pluses and minuses I encountered in my 3 week evaluation.

I am attaching a collage of two photos numbered 1 through 2:

Photo #1 shows Zeta disk next to a ruler for size reference
Photo #2 shows Zeta disk in the palm of my hand

The Zeta disc is 7/8 inches in diameter, 1/8 of inch in thickness, weights 0.02 oz, and is made of resin. The resin absorbs heat and cold well, so it can be used to transfer these temperatures to the skin. To keep it in place on a skin you can use tape or a bandage. If you have an area larger than 7/8 of an inch to treat, you can use multiple discs. For example, to treat a knee the manufacture suggests using 4 discs placed around the knee.

I tested Zeta disk on a sore area on wrist and taping it to the top of my hand while I continued to work. It felt good when the disk was cold! The disc absorbs temperature heat/cold very quickly. The plus of this that you can bring the disc to the desired temperature quickly. The down side of this is that it does not stay at the desired temperature for a long time.

After three weeks of use for several hours a day I cannot say that the condition of my wrist has improved permanently, but while the cool disk rests on my wrist it does feel better. I suppose any cold object might have done the same thing, but the it is much more convenient to have a small disk taped to my wrist that an ice cube or a cold bandage.

Overall, I am somewhat skeptical about some of the claimed effects of Zeta technology but I believe in the benefits of cold therapy. It works particularly well where a cold compress would get in the way, such as my wrist while continuing to work.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment