Friday, September 14, 2012

Product review: Sunset Vista Designs Cast Iron Turtle Garden Stepping Stone - comparison of three different turtle stepping stones

This year I decided to decorate my garden with turtle stepping stones. So far my collection consists of three different turtles. I am posting a review of each of them, along with comparison between the three.



I am including a collage of 5 photos number 1 through 5 that I will be referencing in this review.

13 inch Sunset Vista Designs Cast Iron Turtle Garden Stepping Stone is my favorite of the three stepping stones.

Photo #1 shows a close up of the turtle shell, photo #2 shows the underbelly of the stepping stone. The turtle is authentic looking, has a good looking shell, and is very solidly made out of cast iron. It is 13 inches long and 10 inches wide.

Photo #3 shows this stepping stone on a digital scale, and it weight in over 5 pounds. It is a substantial stepping stone. Due it its weight and a nice construction it does not warble on the ground no matter where you put it.

Photo #4 shows the stepping stone in my garden. It is positioned on a slight incline yet it sits solidly on the ground and when you step on it it does not warble. The turtle shell design also provides good friction and holds my shoe sole well even when it is wet, it is not slippery at all.


Photo #5 show all three stepping stones. My second stepping stone is Midwest-CBK Turtle stepping stone. Rather than being one solid piece of cast iron it is made out of multiple smaller turtles with open spaces between them. It is a pretty design and is solidly built but when soil and water come through the open spaces it gets a bit dirty and slippery. I rank it second in my favorite list.

The third turtle in my collection is Iron Verdigris Garden Turtle stepping stone. It is lighter and not as solidly built. It tends to warble in the spot where Sunset Vista Designs turtle sits like a solid rock. So I have it placed on the flattest least challenging location on path. I also like its black color less than the other two stepping stones. This is my least favorite stepping stone (still ok, just third in the pecking order).

I love my turtle stepping stones path. It makes me smile when I putter in my garden.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment