Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Product review: TB12 Vibrating Mini Massage Ball - Relieve Pain and Soreness, Lower Back, Shoulders, Calves and Glutes, Pliability Massager with 4 Speeds


 


 I have been using Lacrosse balls for pressure massage to help work off the knots in my painful shoulder, upper back, and neck area.  When I use the Lacrosse ball, I  press it against the wall and roll it against the painful spots in my neck, shoulder, and back. If I am in pain, I use the ball several times a day.  As soon as I feel a twinge of pain, I can usually work it out with the pressure massage.  It is incredibly effective.

I thought this ball might work as well and hoped vibration would add additional help.  Turns out it is not as good as a Lacrosse ball.
1. Lacrosse balls are made out of hard, smooth rubber.  The hard rubber has some give.  When I press against it, it does dig into my skin. It only provides intense pressure.  This ball does not have much give and has some ridges.  The combination of ridges and stiffness does not allow me to put as much pressure as I want on the painful knots.
2. What helps the pain is not the pressure in one spot, but the ability to move pressure over a bigger area.  The movement I can achieve with a Lacrosse ball is similar to how massage therapists move their hands; they don't just press in one spot and then another; they move over the entire area.  The ridges and the stiffness of this ball make it difficult for me to move the ball (by pressing against the wall or floor) over the painful knot as easily as I do with the Lacrosse ball.
3. There are four vibration modes.  The vibration sensation is "interesting" but does not relieve the pain as effectively as the good pressure I can generate using a Lacrosse ball.


What I liked: The packaging is very nice. Everything in the package looked upscale. I liked the on/off button was recessed, so I could not accidentally turn it off.

I think the ball would have worked better for me if the vibrations were added to the ball with the following changes:
(1) If the ball was slightly smaller. This ball is 3.5" in diameter; Lacrosse ball is 2.5."
(2) If the ball was slightly softer. Lacrosse ball is made out of very firm rubber.  Side by side, the Lacrosse is only slightly softer than this ball, but it makes a big difference.
(3) If it was less expensive.  Lacrosse ball is 5 dollars.

You can find it on Etsy by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment