Sunday, November 7, 2021

Product review: kemimoto Heated Insoles, Rechargeable Remote Control


 


 My feet get really cold in the winter, and I own a collection of heated socks and insoles. The insoles come in two types, ones that have a battery in the insole itself (they are thicker) and the ones that have an external battery strapped to your leg (they are thinner but more cumbersome).

The heated element in Kemimoto insole is located in the toe area of the insole. The battery is located in the insole heel.  Because the battery and the heating element are located inside the insole, the insole is relatively thick. Once I insert these insoles in my shoes/boots, my foot no longer fits as the shoes/boots are not large enough to fit the additional thickness.  I use the insoles in my husband's slippers while sitting behind my desk, working on the computer.  This solution addressed my primary need.

The tip of insoles can be trimmed to fit different shoe lengths.  The battery is not removable.  It is recharged by plugging in a C-type charging cable directly to the insoles.  The charging cable is provided, but it is very short, and I am using my own cables to give me more length.  It takes about 4 hours to charge fully.

There is no indication that the insoles are charging.  The only way to tell if they are charged is to remove the cable, and then there is a brief blink of a led - red for fully charged, blue for partially charged, and green for not fully charged.

The package includes a remote control to turn on the heat.  The insole itself does not indicate if it received the command from the remote.  The remote does blink with a red light when the buttons are pressed.

If the remote does not work, the insoles themselves have a power button next to the USB port.  To turn on using the button, you need to hold the button down for 3 seconds.


The warmth of the insoles is pleasant. It is not too hot and not too cold. I usually start on hot and in a couple of hours switch to medium.  I can do that with a remote without taking out the insoles.  If you lose the remote, you can also change the temperature by the button on the insole itself. I was pleased that they did not have the chemical scent some of my other insoles have.

Overall, this is probably the best insole I purchased, with the only negative that the thickness restricts what shoes I can use them in.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment