Saturday, November 27, 2021

Product review: Shinewee Cell Phone Tripod Mount Holder - fits Pixel 6 Pro

 


I bought this cell phone mount for the Pixel 6 Pro.  It fits well. The mount feels well made and solid. It holds the cell phone very securely.
 
My requirements for the mount were:
1. A metal holder that provides a secure hold for a new pricey phone
2. A holder with a foot that can stand on its own
3. A holder that had an Arca rail mount so it could fir my existing tripods with quick releases
4. A cold shoe mount to hold a light
5. A mount with a ballhead so I can angle it for table photography and other situations
6. Good price (I was initially looking at ULANZI ST-14, which is $40)

The mount arrives in its most compact form. The mount expands in both directions. One side has a screw; the other side does not.  To expand to the needed size, pull the non-screw side open to the proper position that centers the phone, lock the side in place with a lever on the pack, and fine-tune the width with the screw side.  The non-screw side has a level that locks that side in place. I did not notice it right away; it is a small black lever on the back of the left bracket. It is best to place the phone in the exact center; then, the mount is most balanced when using the foot.
 

The phone holder works for phones 2.3" to 3.4", and the depth of its claws is  1/2". Its weight is 4.8 oz weight.

The mount's dovetail is Arca-Swiss and RRS compatible; it fits into my existing tripods with a quick release. The mount also has a 1/4" screw for tripods without a quick-release plate.

The cold shoe is perfect for a light, a microphone, or any other accessory with a 1/4" screw.

I like that its foot, which is 2" long, can be foldable out or folded back in. The foot is attached to the mount.  I like this design better than the ULANZI ST-14 design, which has a magnetic foot that is a separate piece,  and since it is not attached to the mount, it is easy to lose.

I am very pleased. This mount lived up to my expectations.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment