Saturday, August 31, 2019

Product review: NEXAS NL101 Code Reader ODBII




I used this scanner with the Honda CRV. It worked without problems.  This is all in one unit, it does not attach your phone, instead it displays information on the build-in the screen.  This unit feels a bit dated because it does not have a touch screen face. Instead one needs to use up-down-left-right controls on the unit.  I found myself touching the screen as it is hard to untrain yourself from using modern apps on the phone.

The Nexas scanner is simple to install and simple to use. All cars and light trucks built and sold in the United States after January 1, 1996, were required to be OBD II equipped. The connector is very distinctive looking, I am including a picture of it in my video for reference. In my car, the connector was located under my dash, slightly to the right of the steering wheel.

The scanner showed me diagnostic information in my car, including the health of my car battery.  You can use it to clear codes if necessary.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment