Thursday, April 16, 2015

Product review: Cozyna Ceramic Burr Manual Coffee Grinder



This grinder does a really nice job on coffee beans, but it is not fast. I used a handful of coffee bean and grinding took about 4 minutes to get it to the consistency I wanted in my drip coffee maker. Grinding does not require a lot of force just time. I kept the grinder on the table rotating the handle while the bottom of it rested on the table.

When I handed this grinder to my husband he used a different technique. He held the grinder in the air and spun the handle very quickly. He was able to grind the coffee in about 1 minute. However, when he was about almost done the bottom of the grinder shook itself loose, flew off and the coffee spilled all over the floor. Ooops! If you are a fast spinner keep checking that the bottom is still tightly on.

I like my slow and steady approach better with the grinder bottom is resting on the table so it cannot shake itself loose.

This is a simple mechanical grinder. It works similar to a pepper mill. The grinder is 7" tall. The results are very good. The coffee was grinds were very fine, the coffee smelled and tasted excellent. Do I see it replacing my electric grinder for every day use? No. I think this grinder is best for camping trips when using an electric grinder is not an option.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆




No comments:

Post a Comment