Saturday, February 9, 2013

Product review: URBAN TOOL sport Holster Ergonomic Shoulder Holster for Sports


This is a very convenient holster for your music player and a few other small items while you exercise. I usually wear a small fanny pack with my mp3 player and keys when I exercise outdoors. This holster provides a better alternative.

I am attaching a collage of 4 photos  which I will be referencing to illustrate this review.
 

1. Photo #1 shows how this holster is worn.
2. Photo #2 shows the holster on 1" gridded mat for size reference. In the back the holster has a nylon pocket, where you can carry your MP3 player or a phone, and some other small items like keys or chap-stick. The size of the pouch is 6" by 4".
I ordered size S1 (female XS-L, male S). In my photo you see my Sansa Clip MP3 in the pouch. The pouch has velcro closure so your items are securely trapped within the pocket.
3. The left front strap has a retractable key ring (photo #4). This key ring is removable and is attached to a loop that can be used to hold something else. The right front strap has another built-in loop.
4. Photo #3 shows the closure mechanism for the straps. It is an adjustable Velcro strap which is 6 inches long. That means in total you can adjust the arm opening by 12 inches.

If you find that the fit is not too small, the straps can be further adjusted to be larger by sewing on an extension of your own strapping with a bit of Velcro material on the end of each strap. I found that when I wear a thicker fleece I was more comfortable adjusting the arm opening to be bigger than the largest setting. The key to working with strapping is to singe each edges so the edges don't unravel. The strapping material does not burn, it melts. The melting forms a protective coating on the edges so you don't need to worry about them coming apart. Also it allows you to connected the two straps with minimum bulk, you don't need to fold them under. Adjusting the size of holster in this way allows me to wear it for both indoor and outdoor exercises.

I received an evaluation copy of this holster to test and write an unbiased review.

Overall, I really like wearing this holster when exercising. It gives me a better balance than wearing a fanny pack or sticking my mp3 into my pockets, and I am less likely to get caught on a cord, since it is out of the way and goes a very short distance between the pocket on my back to my ears.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment