Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Product review: Geritrex benzoin compound tincture for skin protectant

Benzoin tincture of benzoin is typically used as a treatment for damaged skin. It is often applied before applying tape or other adhesive bandages, especially if you have to keep taping and re-taping the same area. I use it slightly differently. I have a friend who is an avid skier and applies Benzoid Tincture to avoid blisters from skiing boots. When I told him about a corn I have on top of one of my toes which is irritated by otherwise very comfortable shoes, he suggested I start using a bit of Benzoid Tuncture on top of my toe. Since Benzoid tincture is often used as an antiseptic (due it the benzoin as well as its alcohol solvent) I felt safe using it on a corn that was irritated. I found that the compound really helps. Now my corn feels less irritated and less painful.

I am attaching a photo that shows an open container of the benzoin tincture. The content is a dark brown thick liquid that hardens a bit as it dries. A small hole in the cap allows you to dispense a small amounts. The liquid does stain if you spill it as I found out the first time I applied it to my toe. Now I put something under my foot as I apply the compound.

Overall, using it on my toe every day made me more comfortable and I recommend it.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment