Saturday, February 16, 2013

Product review: FRIEQ® Universal Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Galaxy Note 2 - IPX8 Certified to 100 Feet

This waterproof case is rated for 100 feet submersion. I have used cases with similar closures in the past for my camera and had good successes having my camera in a kayak even when I flipped the kayak. To be sure about this bag I tested it by enclosing a wad of toilet paper to approximate the thickness of the phone and dropped into a bucket of water. Several hours later I examined the toilet paper and it remained dry.

I am attaching several photos which can be located by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo.

The size of this case is 4" by 7". The case is flat so if you are measuring your device you need to allow room for thickness as well as length + width.

I used Nexus Galaxy phone for testing. Several notes about the phone. The Nexus Galaxy phone is not officially listed as a phone which would fit into this case. However Nexus Galaxy phone is similar in size to Galaxy SIII and Galaxy SI SGH-T989 (it fits cradles made for these phones). In addition Nexus Galaxy phone is normally used with an extra large battery (Hyperion Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3800mAh Extended Battery) which makes it significantly fatter than a standard battery.

I tested both configurations with a regular battery and the large battery figuring this will be of interest to some people. Not surprisingly, it was a good fit for the regular battery. The larger battery was not a good fit. It was so tight that I stopped the insertion in fear of tearing the case. I am attaching a photo of the phone with the large battery being inserted into the case so if you use a similarly thick battery you can see the fit for yourself.

Whether you like water sports, skiing, or just want to keep the phone dry in a pouring rain this case will do a nice job.

I was provided a sample cases for testing and for writing a fair and unbiased review.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment