Friday, February 8, 2013

Product review: Jan Marini Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

My dermatologist recommended a mild 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (any brand) for treating blackheads. There are a lot of stronger Benzoyl Peroxide options, but I did not find a lot options for the 2.5% wash so I went with Jan Marini wash even though it seemed a bit pricey. 

I have been using it for over a month. I use it once a day. It does not irritate my skin and I am beginning to see positive results.

I am attaching a collage of three photos. The bottle is fairly large, photo #2 show it next to the ruler - it is 5 inches tall not measuring the cap. Photo#1 shows the top without the cap, this small hole allows you to use in small amount so it will last. Photo #3 shows the wash in my hand - the content is cream-like substance.

Directions from the back of the package:
* Apply a small amount (about the size of a quarter) to the face. Work into a lather.
* Gently remove with a wash cloth and lukewarm water.
* Splash face with lukewarm water. Pat dry.
* Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a physician.
* If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
* If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a physician.

Active Ingredients:
-----------------------------
Benzoyl Peroxide-2.5%

Inactive Ingredients:
-----------------------------
Water (Aqua), Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA

Overall, I am please with the effects.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.
>

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment