Sunday, January 6, 2013

Product review: Yard Butler HCWM-1 Wall-Mounted Hose Hanger Hose Caddy

I was looking for a no-frills hose caddy. This caddy fits the bill at a reasonable price. This is a metal no-frills hose caddy. I noticed that some reviewers mentioned that in their experience this caddy rusts. So when I received the caddy I closely examined its finish. I see why it rusts prematurely: the finish has many imperfections and bare spots. I am attaching a collage of 4 photos  outlining several areas of defective finish. I painted the caddy with a clear coat acrylic paint before using to keep it rust free longer. The caddy came without mounting hardware. On the positive side it is very sturdy.


Here are the dimensions of the caddy:
It has 10 inches span
It is 5.5 inches wide
3.25 inches from base to rail

Overall the design, sturdiness and price were what I was looking for. But I deducted a star for poor finish which required me to paint it before use.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment